Robert S. Pearson
Associate Attorney | Tucson
Robert Scott Pearson practices primarily in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, and also consults on trial and appellate court brief-writing.Mr. Pearson’s work experience spans both the private and public sectors. While in law school, Mr. Pearson served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Charles R. Pyle, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, and worked as a law clerk in an appellate unit of the Federal Public Defender’s Office, District of Arizona (Capital Habeas Unit). He also participated in the College of Law’s nationally recognized Mortgage Clinic, where he assisted borrowers with negotiated mortgage modifications and helped prepare bankruptcy cases. During his 2L summer, Mr. Pearson worked as a summer associate in the Phoenix office of Fennemore Craig, PC, and earned an offer to join the firm after graduation. That same year, he was awarded a Medal of Excellence from the American Bankruptcy Institute for his coursework in bankruptcy. Prior to law school, Mr. Pearson reviewed mergers and acquisitions as an honors paralegal with the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division, Litigation II Section, in Washington, D.C.; and he also worked as a project assistant in the Tucson office of Snell & Wilmer, LLP.
Mr. Pearson believes that writing matters to effective advocacy. He has a passion for legal writing and enjoys putting it to work to help clients.
Mr. Pearson is a Tucson native, and attended Salpointe Catholic High School. He enjoys spending time with his family, playing sports and staying active, coaching toddler soccer (which he admits can be challenging!), rooting for University of Arizona sports, and studying legal writing.
Education and Honors
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, 2012
- Academic Dean’s List: Spring 2010, 2011, 2012
- Writer, Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Managing Editor, Arizona Journal of Environmental Law & Policy
- CALI Award (for highest grade in College of Law’s bankruptcy course)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence, Recipient, 2011
- B.A., cum laude, University of Arizona, 2003
- State Bar of Arizona, 2015
- Writing Matters, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n. newspaper) (Oct. 2015)
- Writing Matters — Brief Tips, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n newspaper) (March 2016)
- Judge Bostwick Takes Her Seat, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n newspaper) (Sept. 2016)
- Fee-Shifting Basics: Understanding A.R.S. 12-341.01, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n newspaper) (Jan. 2017)
- Fee-Shifting Basics Part Two: Interplay Between A.R.S. 12-341.01(A) and Contractual Fees Provisions, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n newspaper) (Jul. 2017)
- Pima County Bar Association Board of Directors, Board Member (2016 – Present)
- Aviva Children’s Services, Board Member (2017 – Present)
- Toastmasters International, Member (2015 – 2016)
- Pima County Bar Association, The Writ, Editorial Board (2016 – Present)